Most often related to sports injuries and extreme pressure due to recurring and strenuous movement, knee discomfort is likewise associated with a range of conditions that consist of tendinitis, arthritis and more severe cartilage and ligament injuries that require instant medical intervention and attended to in the long term with a tailored care strategy.
Living with persistent knee discomfort can feel like a crippling experience. Does your knee pain keep you from going for walks or playing golf like you use to? Are your arthritic knees restricting your capability to enjoy activities such as shopping or playing with your grandchildren? Have you been told that you require or at some point will require a knee replacement?
At Contra Costa Disc Centers we aid people in getting rid of persistent knee discomfort using a mix of therapies including knee decompression.
Call Contra Costa Disc Centers at 925-395-0252 to Schedule Your Free Consultation!
1. What knee conditions can the Knee On Trac be used for? Knee On Trac benefits those suffering with chronic knee pain, osteoarthritis, ACL injuries, meniscus tears, failed surgery, sub-acute muscle strain, chronic muscle strain and previous knee injuries.
2. How many treatments is the optimal amount? If you have chronic knee pain, the best dosage is about 20-24 sessions spread out over a 3 month period. The schedule is 3 times per week for 1 month, 2 times per week for 1 month, and 1 time per week for 1 month. This gives the cartilage an adequate amount of dosage and sufficient amount of time to heal as much as possible. Studies on traction show this to be the best recommendation.
3. How long does a session last? It will take about 8 minutes per knee. If we do traction and laser therapy together, each knee would take about a half hour total.
4. What are my odds of getting significant relief? If after reviewing your history and examining you we determine you are a good candidate, then your chances of significant relief are 80-90%. This program works for most people, and other doctors around the country who use similar programs report this level of success.
5. Will my insurance cover this? Some insurances cover Chiropractic adjustments, unfortunately they do not cover this program. Medicare does not. Knee On Trac traction, cold laser therapy, custom orthotics and supplements are not covered by insurance and will not be billed.
6. Is this guaranteed to work? Nothing in healthcare is guaranteed, but, as stated before, a good candidate who follows the program exactly as we outline has an 85-90% chance of very significant relief.